Aloysius' Learning Opportunities.

Hi there... I am a fan of Glen Doman method and Shichida method to teaching kids since birth. I am giving as much learning opportunities to my dear son, Aloysius, as I can. I am writing this blog to help people who are interested to start these programs. I sincerely hope the tips will be useful to you... :)

Monday, November 20, 2006

Maths Dots progression.

Aloysius is now into problem solving in maths. I will give him a problem and give him two cards to choose. He will stare at the answer :). There's a thin line between "problem solving" and "testing". Testing is not advisable, cos it will make it stressful for both the mother and the child. For a more challenging problem solving, one can use more than 2 cards.

We are still using the dots. I think it's still early to introduce the numerals to him. I have just finished even numbers and odd numbers with him after finishing the multiple steps equations for several weeks. He will still stare at the dots cards :) Yeah! hmm... What's next?? Any idea?? Prime numbers?? I gotta go and revise my maths now... :P

I was told to read page 130 of the book "How to teach your baby Maths" by Glen Doman. hmm... there are a few ideas on "what's next" :). I have finished some patterns. Today, I have done "multiples of 2". We shall continue with multiples of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home